Monday, May 01, 2006

5/01/06 Topic

Today's Topic is:

Your Philadelphia Eagles' Draft.

Every year I typically scratch my head thinking, they suck, why did they draft him? This year I loved their draft! Bunkley is a nice fit and I think he steps in right away and makes a difference, and Justice is another guy that comes in and starts. The Eagles were thinking of drafting him in the 1st round, and they move up and get him #2? That's craZy! Their third pick Gocong, is a guy that has my scratching my head, but maybe he plays LB? Their next great pick was Max Jean Giles.. He will come in and start and be a good guard.. Avant, I don't know he may get some catches, but I am thinking Billy McMullen, a few catches no major impact. Jeremy bloom I like as a skier and a return guy, he might be exciting.. The other two picks are meaningless. Overall I give the birds and "A". I would have liked to see them do more at receiver, but they got 2 quality limeman and if you can protect the quarterback, even Lino could get open.. That's right even Lino!!

6 Comments:

Blogger goDuke said...

Seems like you like their draft even more then Mel Kiper... he only gave them a "B" but it does seem like they had some kind of plan for a change. I still wish they would have tried harder for Javon Walker.... Maybe they think Todd Pinkston will come back and be a stud... who knows... either way... Go Birds!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

First two picks look like real solid choices. But I forsee Dallas becomming the team that Philly gets beat down by again, like 5+ years ago.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Los said...

First of all, don't look for Pinkston to be a stud. That is never going to happen. Now, Reggie Brown is a different story...

I got to watch Avant a bit (I am a Penn State fan - which means I watch a lot of Big 10 games). The guy catches everything thrown to him, he runs solid routs, and is a good team player. He will be better than McMullin, but who knows how much better.

11:35 AM  
Blogger goDuke said...

I was being a wise-ass about Pinkston (just in case you couldn't tell).

11:37 AM  
Blogger Schleaf said...

I still have hope that the Eagles put me in the slot, I do run a 4.1 40..

11:39 AM  
Blogger goDuke said...

And hands like a venus fly-trap if I remember what you told McNabb correctly. That is definitely in the top 2 highlights I have of going to the gym with you...

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home